Tuesday 28 September 2010

Wildeeee!!!

Respect! I'd love to have it, I love writing and one person who was awesome at writing and gaining was Oscar Wilde!! I LOVE HIM!!!!
For many reasons, he was hilarious, he was married yet he was gay (which he was put on trail for), in looks he really reminds me of Stephen Fry (who i also love), he wrote amazing plays e.g. A woman of no importance and then there is Dorian Gray... Awesome novel, and his only!
So this is a little blog for him and just some of his quotes! He lives on!!

"Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you."

Things we own do not make who we are, they do not define us, and people that define us by those things are shallow and we should have no part with them. Wilde was showing that the things that make you rich in life, make you special is what you have in you heart.

"Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes."
This is so true there are so many things that people begin to regret, like i regret not going to uni and oh my god... so many other things - But I'll never regret my mistakes as i have learnt so much from them! As we all have I'm sure.

"
Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught. "
This links to the quote above, i learn most from my mistakes more than i learnt at school.... Though education did help - but life and living is the worlds best teacher!

"
The past is of no importance. The present is of no importance. It is with the future that we have to deal. For the past is what man should not have been. The present is what man ought not to be. The future is what artists are."
No need to comment this... I just agree! Lol.

"
Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship."
This I'm not sure I believe?! I have many guy mates that I haven't had any really strong feelings for... But in Wilde's day its was odd to find a
man and woman just friends.

"
Lord Illingworth: All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy.
Mrs. Allonby: No man does. That is his.
"
I'll leave you with this one, I didn't believe this - I'm not really like my mum, but yesterday I started doing things she does, like snorting when I laugh and spilling food on me. Must stop doing that!

Who are your favorite writers?

No comments:

Post a Comment